Local Fishing stays
Lough Lean and Lough Bane plus Lough Derravaragh (a Natural Heritage Area) are all within 20 minute’s drive and provide some amazing fishing opportunities. Take a packed lunch and return with your fish were we will prepare it for your evening meal
Visit Historical Places of Interest
Killua Castle : The grounds are open to the public every Saturday 10am to 4pm. Ballinlough Castle : Home of the Body & Soul Festival, Loughcrew Cairns :Megalithic Tombs with breathtaking views of 4 counties, older than Newgrange & the Pyramids. (hyperlink) Fore Abbey: The Seven Wonders of Fore provided the inspiration for one of Fr Ted episodes. Founded in 630AD by Saint Feichin see the monastery in the bog , the water that flows uphill , the tree that won’t burn & the water that won’t boil.
Kells Town is a heritage town where the world famous ‘The Book of Kells’ was written. Parts of the ancient monastery still exist including the round tower, the chapel as well as the wonderfully sculpted high crosses. Here you can also find Irelands only inland lighthouse The Spire of Lloyd
Trim : Picturesque town, the Medieval castle was the setting for Mel Gibson Braveheart as was the nearby Bective Abbey which also featured in the recent Ridley Scott movie ‘ The Last Duel ‘.
Turn your break into a truly indulgent weekend by enjoying massage treatments, reflexology and great foods to tantalise the taste buds
What they say about us….
We opened our doors to welcome guests in 2021, below is a selection of what they say….
- Geraldine’s place is so special. You will feel as if staying at an extended family member’s home. There is a lot of love put into the home and your stay. She has a great healing energy and you will very much enjoy her massage if can book one during your stay which I highly recommend. There is a sauna and hot tub and anything could need here. It’s is very cosy and will sleep so well and be close to loved ones. Recommend and look forward to coming back with son someday but will be sure to book in advance as very busy and understandably so – Mara Nov 2022
- We had a wonderful stay in this idyllic place! We appreciated a huge landscaped garden with the numerous zones of interest, the sauna (it’s a must visit) and a beautiful outdoor jacuzzi, where we enjoyed a glass of wine and observed a moon and a starry skies! Geraldine is a super host she made us feel great and was very helpful! We’ve been treated with the local farmers eggs, bread and butter 🧈 such a great surprise!! It’s a hidden gem of the rural Ireland, we will definitely come back 😻☘️ – Maija Sept 2022
- Beautifully renovated cottage in an idyllic location with large grounds, access to a great hot tub and sauna. Geraldine and Derek are extremely kind, thoughtful and helpful hosts. It was altogether a brilliant long weekend and we recommend very highly! – Jonathan May 2022
More of what guests think of Pheasant Lane….
- Can’t recommend Pheasant Lane enough! Apartment is so lovely. Clean, cosy, comfortable, so relaxing. Geraldine is the best host, even having local produce left for you to enjoy (homemade butter on the freshly baked bread…perfect!) really lovely surroundings. Hot tub and sauna were gorgeous, especially on the cold nights! My retriever loved the farmhouse setting, running around the garden, and Geraldine had treats left for her too! Some lovely walks just a few minutes drive away, like Lough Crew Cairns and Fore Abbey. So peaceful at night, you’re guaranteed to feel rested! Can’t wait to go back. – Sandra Jan 2023
- Geraldine and Derek were superb hosts who went above and beyond the call every step of the way to ensure that our stay as comfortable as possible. The cottage was lovely. It was extremely cosy, clean and comfortable with several thoughtful touches. Fresh Irish brown bread, butter and eggs were provided which were sincerely appreciated. The cottage is set in the serene countryside of Ireland and is the perfect place to unplug, immerse in nature, enjoy the outdoors, relax in the sauna and soak in the hot tub. I highly recommend this wonderful Airbnb. It is the perfect retreat with most thoughtful, kind and generous hosts. – Nneka Sept 2022
- From the moment Michelle and I arrived into Pheasant Lane, we were made so welcome by Geraldine. The apartment was perfect for us and the added touches of raw milk, butter and brown bread were a real treat. But the highlight was the experience of being there. It was uplifting, refreshing and if you happen to be searching for the light at the end of a tunnel then Geraldine and Derek will guide you swiftly towards it. Their enthusiasm, kindness, generosity and sense of fun is nothing less than inspiring. Michelle and I were fortunate to avail of one of Geraldine’s treatments and though it was all new to us, Geraldine talked us through each stage, it was just amazing! The hot tub, outdoor showers (cold and hot), the sky at night, the sound of nature – all amount to a tonic for the mind, body and soul!
Pheasant Lane, “In the middle of nowhere but the hearth of everything”, just a fab location. Geraldine and Derek, thank you both, it was well worth the long drive. I came home a new woman! – Rena Aug 2022
- What a unique and amazing accommodation! Geraldine and Derek we’re extremely pleasant hosts and have built a wonderful nook away from neighbours and noise. It had a big safe manicured lawn for the kids run around on. Not to mention they had fun yard activities of many types. The hot tub was a wonderful escape for the end of a long trip. And the night sky was the clearest I’ve ever seen. No light pollution at all. They even had a sauna although we didn’t use it. as if we didn’t already feel special here, they provided fresh homemade butter and eggs from a neighbourhood farm as a welcome gift. The room was very cozy and clean and everything worked. They’ve provided plenty of instructions as well as a laminated list of attractions in the surrounding areas. This was our last booking out of eight lodgings for our vacation , and was the best of our trip! – Margot Aug 2022
- Wow!!! One of the most relaxing and idyllic places I have stayed combined with the most excellent hosts I have ever met , made this weekend getaway perfect. Starting on the winding road up to the house you know you’re going somewhere special. The setting is second to none, a complete haven of relaxation with beautiful grounds, hot tub, sauna and treatment room. On arrival at the studio the host had left eggs, brown bread, real butter and raw milk. Incredibly kind and thoughtful. The studio itself is fantastic, impeccably clean, beautiful furnishings with lots of lovely little touches like mindfulness books by your bed. The hosts went above and beyond to make our stay extra special, could not have asked for more. Highly recommend this beautiful place, you are missing out if you have never been! – Louise July 2022